Hey guys, happy Good Friday . I hope y’all are doing well.
On my quest for an eye cream that would help reduce the fine lines around and below my eyes, I recently purchased the Olay anti-wrinkle essential anti-ageing eye gel.
Proven ingredients: Contains green tea, vitamin B3 and Pro vitamin B5, in a special formula that revitalizes the eye area and diminish the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. The fresh moisturizing gel, contains cucumber and witch hazel extracts, visibly smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dermatologically tested
- Oil free
- fragrance free
Interestingly it contains Niacinamide which I know is a natural lightening agent and citric acid.
It’s a gel and on application disappears into your skin. It also has this cooling effect on the skin and doesn’t give off any burning or stinging sensation.
- It’s gel. I love anything with gel consistency.
- It comes in a transparent jar. I love the packaging
- It has skin loving ingredients like cucumber, witch hazel, green tea and other vitamins
- It contains no harmful lightening agents.
- It actually contains different paraben compounds which was unknown to me at the time I bought it. There’s actually a lot of contention about whether parabens are harmful to the skin or not so for me, it’s probably a red light or are we being too cautious? And to think i got it for 2,100 naira at casabella Ikeja city mall.
Moving on, I’ve noticed a softening and smoothing out of my under eye area but not so much of the disappearance of those fine lines. I’m still watching it though. As for the dark circles, i know it will take niacinamide about 4 weeks before we see the eye area lighten up. It comes in a 15ml jar.
So there you have it. Any eye creams you think is working for you right now? I’d love to hear from you.