Yes, today I bring you another body care post! The kind people at Benton Cosmetic sent me their newly launched Benton Shea Butter and Coconut Body Lotion to review. This is a lotion from the same line as Shea Butter and Coconut Hand Cream.
The Benton Shea Butter and Coconut Body Lotion is a naturally derived body lotion which helps to keep skin soft and silky without being sticky. Its main ingredients are Ecocert certified Shea Butter, USDA certified Coconut Oil and 5-Hyaluronic Acid Complexwhich allow excellent moisturization with a smooth and moist texture.
Ingredients; Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter(3.5%), Cetearyl Alcohol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (2%), Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Betaine, Arginine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Ceramide NP, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin.
Here are some features and claims from Benton that are noteworthy.
- It is made up of naturally derived ingredients and has a soft and moist texture. It contains healthy ingredients for you to use without concerns.
- It contains Shea Butter which prevents drying of the skin by forming a moist layer.
- It contains Hyaluronic Acid Complex of 5 different molecular weights to protect your skin step by step, by attracting moisture and caring for your skin.
- It contains Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Jojoba Seed Oil and Ceramide NP to soothe rough skin and help maintain oil-water balance to keep skin soft and smooth.
- It has a natural coconut scent reducing sensitivity on the skin as it does not contain artificial fragrance.
- The body lotion can be used both for face and body as it is made up of ingredients that are used in products for the face. It helps your whole family achieve healthy skin regardless of age or gender.
- It is dermatologically tested and free of irritations, artificial fragrance, colouring, silicon oil, PEG surfactants and other harmful ingredients.
I was happy to get this lotion as I have pretty dry skin on my body which is so ironical because my face is oily AF! This lotion is a light, textured white body lotion that comes in a gorgeous & gigantic 250ml tube with a flip open cap. Interestingly, just like their Aloe Propolis soothing gel, it slides of the hand pretty fast if you don’t rub into the skin immediately. It’s very smooth to rub on the skin although it takes time to completely disappear. It sinks in nicely, hydrating my skin without leaving it sticky or greasy. It has a slightly ‘coconutty’ scent which I actually like. It’s nothing overpowering and it disappears after you rub in. You pretty much can’t perceive anything afterwards.
Meanwhile, I noticed my skin becoming a bit brighter as I used it and I wasn’t surprised after I realized it contains Licorice root extract. Licorice root extract is known as a natural ingredient with skin-soothing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant & brightening properties. I also really love that about this. I don’t get a spectacular brightening effect but my skin definitely looks clearer and brighter after each use.
They also mentioned that it’s an all-over (face & body) lotion. I tried this out once at night on my face and I didn’t wake up with breakouts. It’s worthy to note that it also makes my face feel plump, hydrated & soft. However, I wouldn’t recommend this for oily skin for daytime use. You can get away with using it at night if at all you want to put this on your face. The reason is that it feels quite heavy on the face and could potentially clog your pores. Also, coconut oil & shea butter are known to be highly comedogenic so that’s that!
Honestly, this body lotion impresses me. The care & thought in which they used to make this, with skin-loving and protecting ingredients that you mostly only see in face products wows me! This body lotion contains ingredients you typically find in face moisturizers. I’ve gotta give it to Benton for this!
In conclusion, I wouldn’t need my body moisturizer to do more than what this lotion does for me. When a moisturizer becomes sticky, too shiny or makes me sweat then it becomes a no no fro me! It didn’t do any of this so its a Yes!!
This is a sponsored post which contains PR samples. However, opinions are solely mine and are 100% honest.